Thursday 10 March 2011

Psychedelic Poetry

It's World That Makes The Love Go Round - front

It's World That Makes The Love Go Round - Poems from Breakthru, published by Corgi Books 1968.

I scanned this book cover ages ago, and annoyingly I don't have it in my possession anymore so I can't post any of the slightly dodgy poetry compiled from Breakthru International Poetry Magazine, but I think the artwork is too cool not to share! This was actually featured in the Miller's Antiques Collecting the 1960s book, in this book it is valued at £120 I think, but I picked this up for £3 and the values in that book are rather out of date now and were a bit random at the time also. The Miller's book also stated that the artwork was by renowned 60s counter culture artists Hapshash and the Coloured Coat, although I can't say I'm too convinced, it is quite fab none the less!


It's World That Makes The Love Go Round - back

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love it! I am a bit obsessed with Sixties book covers. I keep meaning to scan in 'Baby Love' which has the most amazing black and white psychedelic line drawing cover!

xx

Vix said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! that is definately frame worthy. I'm also obsessed with Sixties psychedelia, it makes me happy just looking at it. xxx

Smashingbird said...

Good job I took a high res scan before I left! Do share yours Liz - I need to scan some more of mine too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails