Monday 28 March 2011

100th Post!

What better way to celebrate 2 years of this blog and 100 posts than with a dash of Dave and it has been a few weeks since I've featured any Bowie on this blog, now we can't have that now can we! So you'll have to excuse me whilst I get rather cheesy for a moment and post the lyrics to one of my favourite songs - Letter to Hermione from Space Oddity 1969.
Hermione was a very lucky girlfriend for a year or so after they met performing in Lindsay Kemp's dance troupe. This is his love letter to her after they split, I think it's just beautiful. 



The hand that wrote this letter
Sweeps the pillow clean
So rest your head and
read a treasured dream
I care for no one else but you
I tear my soul to cease the pain
I think maybe you feel the same
What can we do?
I'm not quite sure what we're supposed to do
So I've been writing just for you

They say your life is going very well
They say you sparkle like a different girl
But something tells me that you hide
When all the world is warm and tired
You cry a little in the dark
Well so do I
I'm not quite sure
what you're supposed to say
But I can see it's not okay

He makes you laugh
He brings you out in style
He treats you well
And makes you up real fine
And when he's strong
He's strong for you
And when you kiss
It's something new
But did you ever call my name
Just by mistake?
I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do
So I'll just write some love to you





Image of David & Hermione via this fab flickr stream

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on 100 followers!

Shirl x

Anonymous said...

Sorry, half asleep this morning, its been a long weekend: congratulations on 100 posts! ... ;0)

Shirl x

Smashingbird said...

Hehe that's ok, it is monday after all!

Psychedelicsister said...

Happy Blog Anniversary my dear!
My goodness does Mr. Bowie look delicious here ;)

Vix said...

Happy blogging centenary! Great subject choice to celebrate. xxx

Wilthomer said...

Congrats! One of my fave tunes from Davey's 2nd LP, jez look how skinny his waist is in that pic. I think I was bigger than that at birth!!

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear-well done on your 100th post and what a stunning poem too xx

annimal said...

100 posts, whew!! As a new blogger that sounds extra impressive to me!! Thanks for sharing the lyrics to that song, I never really thought about them before, what a smouldering romance that was!!!

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

God! I love him!! xx

Style At Every Age said...

I love him too! I might just go and listen to life on mars again, just because its my favourite and I can!

vint junky said...

A girl after my own heart, LOVE bowie! And i've never seen this before. Beautiful

Unknown said...

Still gutted by the loss of David Bowie. I'm not the groupie-sort. I can count on one hand the artists who really get under my skin. He was elegant, shy, odd, graceful, talented...a renaissance-man, in the truest sense of the word. What a tragic loss for us all...as trite & cliché as it sounds, it really feels like the passing of close family...

Thank you for the joyous photo & lovely lyrics. That Hermione- lucky girl. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails