Thursday 24 March 2011

The Handwriting Challenge

Two of my most favouritest bloggers Christina and Helga posted this little challenge the other day. It is as you have probably guessed by now a handwriting challenge. I have had this as a draft since tuesday but I've had the most rotten head cold for the last few days I have been far too lazy to finish it! I've always had terribly untidy handwriting, I should have been a doctor!


The rules are as follows: 
1. Write your name
2. Write your blog url
3. Write "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" 
4. Favourite quote
5. Favourite song (of course I don't have just one so this is the first I though of!)
6. Anything else you'd like to write



So I have had a look at a couple of handwriting analysis sites and garnered the following info:

Slant: Mine slants to the left which shows emotion and reserve.

Size: I think my writing is medium sized - I can only find info on very large or very small so I'll give that one a miss then...

Baseline: Wavy, which can mean a person is impetuous, instinctive, spontaneous, temperamental and unpredictable.
Word Spacing: Fairly narrow I'd say which apparently means I wish to be with others but can be intrusive.

Lower Zone Loops (eg y & g): The options here are cradled and open. Mine I'd say is a mixture which denotes the writer is unsettled emotionally.

The conclusion: I think a lot of this is actually pretty accurate for me... Neurotic & over emotional - Oh dear!

I'm not going to tag any specifically, so just do it if you fancy it!

8 comments:

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Don't you worry, my handwriting is way messier than that. And I didn't know your name was Becka! Mine is Margaret btw, but most people now think I'm actually called Penny ;) xx

Psychedelicsister said...

This is fantastic!
I want to get in on this. I have terrible writing unless I really take my time and write slow. My manager said I have serial killer writing, lol...
Can't be any worse than all the doctors I work for.

Helga said...

Ha,I was too chicken to look up any analysis stuff! I'm sure it would just upset me!!!
X

Emily Daley said...

ooh that is kinda accurate in parts eh?? how interesting!! lots of love e xxxxxxxx

Perdita Tinsel said...

Don't hold too much stock by handwriting analysis. It was in vogue a few years ago, but is now seen to work a little like horoscopes or blind-reading (ie statements everyone has within them, so everyone's result is kind of accurate). There's also a gender bias inherent in the way women and men are taught to write (subtle emphasis on neatness, uncosciously, from parents/teachers at school).

My handwriting, for example, is vastly different from what it used to be because of my job. Has my personality changed? Is it the same as all my colleagues? Nope.

Vix said...

I love seeing other people's handwriting! Mine's rather similar to yours with the lower zone loops. xxx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

I like your writing! I love that you've tried to analyse it yourself!

You must have had what I have now. I wish my head wasn't so fuzzy. It's got better tonight thank God.

Have a lovely weekend xx

Smashingbird said...

I find the analysis quite amusing, mostly true too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails