Tuesday 22 March 2011

Modern Man Part Two - The Psychedelic Hippie

Following on from yesterdays post, here is the second catalogue. Now this has got to be from the second half of 1967, the summer of love had a huge impact on mens and women's fashion and judging from the content here - the mail order fashion world was no exception! Hope you enjoy these too!

Modern Man Psych Front Cover


Modern Man Psych 2

Some good collars here, and a rather nice ruffle too.


Modern Man Psych 3

The Kaftan - the most exciting newcomer on the fashion scene!


Modern Man Psych 7

Great Nehru style jacket, don't forget your hippie bells too.


Modern Man Psych 10

More exotic eastern influenced fashion, plus a jolly sensible sweater.


Modern Man Envelope

Unused envelope - check my flickr for the order forms too!



Find the rest of the pages HERE on my Flickr Stream.

7 comments:

Vix said...

I don't know what I love most, the illustrations or the crazy descriptions. A High-Collared gay-coloured eye-sore! Brilliant advertising. xxx

Emily Daley said...

Fabulous!!!!! e xxxx

annimal said...

Yes, I will be checking your flickr for the order forms, I need to purchase one of each for the Stanimal!! What a treasure you have there, thanks for sharing!

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Becka, they are absolutely brilliant! The descriptions! Love the psychedelic cover too. Thanks for posting these xx

Jenny said...

These are amazing! Old catalogs are always a source of inspiration for my fashion choices/design choices. Thanks for posting! And I have totally be channeling the summer of love in my clothing choices lately (especially since I live two blocks from Haight and Ashbury in SF) xoxo

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear-these are just wonderful, thanks for sharing-the older catalogues really are so gorgeous to view xxx

Wilthomer said...

Very cool, no doubt wearers of these were probably often the subjects of many a kickings on the last bus/train home.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails