Friday 8 April 2011

London Through The Looking Glass - Magazine Stall

mags002mags001


I scanned this photo spread from a book I bought last weekend at the bootfair for only 50p! It's called London Through The Looking Glass and was published in 1970, most of the pictures in it are from the late 60s. This one is from February or March 1968, I know this because I am a geek and in the second pic there is an issue of Honey mag which I know dates from March 68, also can you spot the Barbarella Penthouse? I'd love to be let loose on this stall - Vogue, Flair, Honey, Oz, Harpers, Annabel..... lovely!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh I wish I had a time machine... imagine the frocks! the pics! the hilarious ads! I'm off to ebay shopping for vintage mags...

Sarah xxx

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear-fabulous images, reminds me of when I used to wait for my mum at the station and the stallholder was out, I was always checking out the front covers!!

diskojoe said...

Hi, I usually harass Will @ The Anorak Thing & I just like to drop a line to say that I enjoy reading a lot of your blog too.

That photo can also be dated to February/March 1968 from the Newsweek posterboard, which mentions the Battle of Khe Sanh, which was during the Tet Offensive in the Vietnam War.

Also, I picked up a copy of The British Invasion by Barry Miles this past weekend for $10.00, which had plenty of gincy pics.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

I would love to check out that stall! xx

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

awesome pic!!! i would have thought it was a modern photo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails