Sunday 10 April 2011

Faversham

Faversham

Here I am in the historic Kentish town of Faversham this weekend standing rather oddly! 

I'm wearing a vintage early 70s Biba wrap around jersey top, 60's floral mini, vintage bag, sunnies & pendant. The shoes I bought the day before from New Look, I've been after a pair of sensible shoes I can actually drive in and thought these canvas & leather brogues would do the trick nicely and they are super comfy to boot!

Faversham MarketMacknades

Collins faversham1697















I haven't been here since I was a wee thing and was pleasantly surprised by the mix of quirky boutiques, good charity shops (by this I mean non colour coded!), junk & antique shops.
Famous for it's Shepherd Neame Brewery, the architecture is fab too, lots of rickety old houses and tudor shopfronts.

JunktiquesThe Sun Inn
Ossie's FavershamStationery Shoppe
Crochet HotpantsStrawberry Milkshake

I managed to score these cute little turquoise crochet hotpants from an antique shop where the very kind lady also gave me a cardigan which came form the same person too for free! I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to wear these, maybe on the beach? 

8 comments:

Psychedelicsister said...

What a great looking place and I love all the photos you took.
You can totally rock those hot pants my dear, with a great pair of platforms you'll look fabulous.

Perdita Tinsel said...

Fantastic looking shopping there! That pink drink also looks RIGHT up my street!

annimal said...

What a cute outfit you are wearing for a fun outing! I love those dusty old antique shops, and those hot pants are HAWT! I'd love to wear them over leggings or opaque tights with thigh high boots!! I'm so envious!! They look painstakingly handmade too!! SCORE!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Those hotpants are brilliant. Hope you've got some mega platforms to go with them! xx

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear-the hotpants are so unique and a fabulous find!! Just love your outfit, a perfect vintage combination, great photos too xx

Wilthomer said...

Great pics! Being an American and not being familar with a great deal of your geography I found it amusing that there is a place called Faversham, mostly due to this little ditty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zscNxHLdock

Unknown said...

Oh man I would LOVE Faversham! And I adore those crochet hotpants - they are beautiful. You could totally wear them with nice thick tights and a turtleneck and some flat chunky boots. Or just over your bikini!

Sarah xxx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

I would love a rummage around there.

The hotpants are fabulous and is that a milkshake? It looks great! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails