Sunday 7 August 2011

I Need My Dolls!



As I mentioned Friday, that evening I had been invited by my new pal Sausages for a Valley of the Dolls / Beyond the Valley of the Dolls screening fest, and of course I was determined to dress appropriately. After a Deathly Dry Gin Martini, delicious din dins and some more liquid refreshment, we have decided that Valley of the Dolls is actually pretty boring apart from Sharon Tate's jumpsuit and the legendary Helen Lawson. Y'all know how I feel about the second film. The best part of the whole night is that I didn't have a hangover today - wooop!

(Helga my dearest - how can I possibly choose a favourite line? 
Ok I guess it would have to be "A bathing pool full of mayonnaise!")


So what did I wear? My 60's psychedelic print dress is an old bargain from Ebay US some years ago the label is Candi Jones California.


60's Necklace £2 charity shop


 60's Bag 50p bootfair



My bestest 60's purple suede & leather shoes are also from Ebay (UK), they are just perfect I love them!



Oh yes my hair - it's all natural! It's actually an original 60's real hairpiece that a friend of mine kindly donated to me some years ago, I dyed it to match my natural colour. I love wearing it although I don't get it out that often cos it's a lot of hassle and wigs are hot! (In both senses ; p)



18 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

You look amazing.. straight out of Valley of the Dolls.. by the way one of my favourite movies xx

Wildernesschic said...

Ps.. but totally for the song.. and the fashion xx

Unknown said...

Ooh your frock is AMAZING and your hair is FABULOUS!

Sarah xxx

C said...

Brilliant pics... What a groovy dollysmashingbird you make! x

Wilthomer said...

Smashingbird indeed, beautiful!

My fave lines from the film:

"You're a big boy, I'd like to strap you on some time"

"It's my scene and it's freaking me out"

"You're a god damned broad Barzell..."

Tarkus said...

Everything's super, expecially the doll.

Dolly the Bird said...

Wow, what a frock!!!
....and I want those shoes in my closet right this minute! :)

Mrs P said...

Saw your photo before I read the captions and thought Ooh Valley of the Dolls - god I loved the book, the film too - think I might try to download it to my Kindle. You look fab x

Perdita Tinsel said...

Your doll look is spot on! I have a hairpiece which used to match my hair- until I changed my dye brand. Now I've a dilemma: dye the falsie or hang on till I next dye and re-match my natural hair...hmm.

Vix said...

You look utterly fab! Love Valley Of The Dolls. I'm invited to a mod mate's fancy dress birthday party next month, you've just inspired me. x

lise silva said...

I can't get enough of that hair! ....Fantastic.

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear-wow, you look gorgeous, that really is a stunning dress and fab shoes! Have a good weekend too xxx

Helga said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! LOVE this!!! HAWT TO TROT,DARL!!! Phwoar,you've blown my exectations right outta the water!! XXX
Yeah,lets party up sometime!

welldressedmaker said...

This outfit is FAR OUT! Love all your accessories! And that hairpiece is marvelous!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

oh, you look SO CUTE!! Looooving the hair style on you! I should really watch that movie, started it once but haven't finished it yet.

Michelle Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! You are So adorable! another 60s lover!

Come join my dress giveaway!
http://60smodfox.blogspot.com/

Monsterchen said...

u look so fabulous!!! i love absolutely everything about that dress! colour, pattern the sleeves, and your headband is also very cute!!
i´m a new follower now!!
love and kiss,mary

http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com/

Psychedelicsister said...

What a terrific night; I love that movie and we both know how incredible the soundtrack is. I'm jealous of those shoes, they are to die for.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails