Friday 19 August 2011

Frock on Friday & a Swinging Swap!

Aaaah hello Friday my only day off this week. Not much excitement for me over the last few days, but I'm making the most of today. Long overdue haircut this morning, followed by my afternoon bootfair (not a sausage) and a lovely stroll along the windy beach this afternoon with Barney dog. This evening I may be partaking in a few glasses of vino with some lovely ladies.....


70's maxi from ebay about 5 years ago & I'm rather ashamed to say it's the first time I've worn it! My old faithful gold jewelled vintage sandals, purple checkerboard bag from last week's bootfair (50p!).




Oh yes and do you spy the most awesome of pendants? You may have seen this on the divine Vix's blog last friday... Vix had commented on a post of mine admiring some vintage curlers I'd picked up & when I saw this owl magnifying glass pendant on hers I cheekily suggested a swap which to my delight she agreed to! I mean have you seen how short my hair is? Rollers, really? I was thrilled to find a parcel waiting for me the other day along with a super cool & sweet card. Love you Vix!



Of course Barney couldn't resist sneaky into a pic too!


13 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

You look gorgeous I love your hair... and I adore the pendant .. and Barney .. xx I hope you have a gorgeous weekend I am so jealous of you living by the sea xx

Vix said...

You look totally gorgeous and you do that owl pendant far better justice than I could.
I love that frock, those sandals and that bag and I adore you! Have an excellent weekend. xxx

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear!! What a fabulous swap, Vix is the perfect lady for the curlers and the Owl pendant is right at home with you and lovely on, as is your maxi dress and fab bag! Have a good weekend xxx

Helga said...

Can't believe you waited 5 years to wear that heavenly frock!!! Its perfect for a Friday frockfest!!
Aha!Brillant swap indeed!The owl is perfect for you!XXXXXXXX

Psychedelicsister said...

Your hair looks divine and I love that burgandy dress. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person that waits forever to wear something :)

Unknown said...

Love that gorgeous maxi on you - the colours is lovely. Those vintage sandals are FABULOUS and I LOVE that handbag! Happy weekend! Sarah xxx

Alexis said...

Gorgeous! Love the color and the length! Also the sleeves are lovely and so retro.

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

You must wear that dress more often, it is sexay. The owl pendant was a great swap xx

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I love that you wore a vino-colored gown to drink vino. Very pragmatic! It looks great on you. I want to stroll by the sea.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

You are wearing the most flippin' gorgeous outfit here!! What a great idea doing a swap with Vix Baby - I thought I'd seen that pendant before and doesn't she look cute with her rollers in? The dress is fantasmagorical and you absolutely must wear it more often - the colour is you and how about those sleeves? As for the bag ***drooling*** xoxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful dress, hair, bag and pendant (and you!)

xx

Annimalhouse said...

Such a fab ensemble, as always! That dress was begging to be worn, it's so flattering on you! Have a beautiful day my dear!

Samantha Savage Breit said...

What a great trade!! And you look so beautiful! There is nothing like a stroll on the beach. Hope your weekend is just as lovely! xo Samantha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails