If you follow me on twitter or facebook you will have seen my Instagram pics posted. I'm rather addicted to this app. If you are on it please find me - I'm Smashingbird (of course!).
Wednesday, 29 June 2011
Monday, 27 June 2011
Off to my friends saturday night for dinner and I decided I ought to give my most favouritest Biba frock an outing. It's an early 70's cotton number I got from ebay a few years back and the letters printed spell art deco, it's Big Biba perfection. The skirt is cut in a full circle and the bust & sleeves are rouched. The shoulders are padded and in the same printed fabric too, soo gorge.
Forgot to take a close up of my shoes at the time, so here's a blurry zoom in.
They are Miss L Fire platforms with crochet flowers on the toe, and are the most comfortable heels ever!
Staring into space an ode to my dear Annimal!
Also wearing vintage cocktail rings & my nail varnish is Victoria by Nails Inc.
One of my gals gave me an early birthday present, I won £1! There are some more pics from this evening but they are only fit to be viewed on facebook.....
Sunday, 26 June 2011
I was rather pleased to be tagged over at Dolly Rocker Girl for the Top 10 Award, this particular tag asks you to list your top 10 beauty products, so here are mine!
1. Duwop Lipstick in Private Nude - love this shade it is perfect for a delicate daytime look & smells like proper lipstick should!
2. Aussie Formula 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner - this is a longtime bathroom staple of mine, it's great that you can either pile it on for a deep condition or just use a little for a regular wash, smells lovely too.
3. Nails Inc. Polishes - I will rave to anyone and everyone about this brand, I find their nail varnishes sooo long lasting & easy to apply. They have a fab range of colours & cool names to boot.
4. Boots No7 Perfect & Protect Hot Cloth Cleanser - A budget version (half the price) of the famous Liz Earle Cleanser Polish, I actually prefer this and have found it has really calmed my skin down.
5. Boots No7 Perfect & Protect Day Cream - flipping great.
6. Boots No7 Perfect & Protect Night Cream - see above!
7. Bliss Manicure's Best Friend Cuticle Cream - a gift from big sis, I wouldn't be without this.
8. Bed Head by Tigi After Party - this smoothing hair cream is fab, it hasn't much hold but for short hair like mine when you want a more natural look its perfect. Lasts forever and supposedly keeps your hair stink free?!?
9. Lola by Marc Jacobs - I recently relieved my mother of this scent & along with it's cute packaging it smells gorge too!
10. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - If you don't have a tube of this classic cream in your possession get some now! It can be used for absolutely everything, the best tip I received (from big sis) is to apply a little to your face before your foundation and you do get a rather nice glow!
So who did I tag.....
Ann @ Annimal House
Liz @ Vintage-a-Peel
Sharron @ Looking Fab At Any Age
Emily @ Snowy Stylista - Viva Italia!
Margaret @ Penny Dreadful Vintage
Anna @ Modern Milly Style
Lakota @ Faith Hope & Charity Shopping
Sharon @ Mystyle
Pearl @ Fashion Pearls of Wisdom
Jessica @ Lola Vintage
Ladies your mission if you choose to accept it is:
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their blog
- Put the Top 10 Award logo on your blog (the logo is under my 'Kind Words' section if you want to snag it)
- List your top ten favorite cosmetics/beauty products
- Choose ten bloggers to tag, link to their blogs, and let them know about their award!
Saturday, 25 June 2011
Thane Russal & Three - Security (1966)
Now it isn't often that the late great Otis Redding can be bettered, but in my opinion this classic 60's freakbeat number by Thane Russal just pips him to the post. One of my all time favourite dancers, everytime I hear it I'm taken back to dancing in a tiny room under a gay pub in Rochester that my friends and I used to hire out & hold our own little club nights where I'd usually be the only one on the dancefloor, somethings never change!
Friday, 24 June 2011
It's friday which means it's officially frock o'clock! I first spotted the Frock on Friday feature over at Vix's blog and the rule is that wherever you are & whatever you are doing each friday you should don a fabulous frock! So here is what I'm wearing today.....
Vintage 60's Dollyrockers floral mini, 70's Biba mini vest/waistcoat thingy (both from Ebay years ago), 70's tan leather wooden wedge sandals (£1 from Demelza Charity shop last week)
And how could I resist not popping on this most amazing necklace which I was lucky enough to win from the super chick Ann @ Annimal House, I totally loves it! It's a Sarah Coventry piece called Wisteria. I hope I have done it justice.
Slightly squinting as the sun is just about popping out finally!
Hope you all have a fab weekend! I'm very much looking forward to dinner at a dear friends house tomorrow night with all the girlies and am trying to decide what to wear.... it might just have to be another Biba frock!
Wednesday, 22 June 2011
Monday marked the start of Wimbledon fortnight and as we all know it's not about the tennis, it's all about the strawberries & cream! So with this in mind this weeks selection of Etsy goodies have a distinctly fruity flavour!
Monday, 20 June 2011
Here is this weeks batch of new listings from my Etsy shop Smashingbird Vintage. I have a nice little selection of vintage slips in sizes 8 - 14, another delicious Jon Adam 70s frock which doesn't fit me & a super mod dress suit.
Don't forget until the end of this month I'm still offering FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING to all blog readers, just add BLOGGER at the checkout!
Sunday, 19 June 2011
As promised to celebrate my blog followers reaching 100 today I drew a name at random from those who entered to win this lovely bag.....
Here we go - names printed
Cut & folded
Drum roll please......
Yes the winner is the divine Miss Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted!
Congrats my lovely!